The Best Yellowstone Small Group Tour!
Marvel at a volcano’s hidden power rising up in colorful hot springs, mudpots, and geysers.
Explore mountains, forests, and lakes to watch wildlife and witness the drama of the natural world unfold.
1. Tour Yellowstone on all three days!
2. Also tour Grand Teton National Park and Jackson Hole
3. See just about all Yellowstone has to offer
4. You Can extend your tour in Jackson
5. Personal, small group tour
6. The entry fees to Yellowstone and Grand Teton are included
7. Three sack lunches included, your option is Turkey/Beef/Ham/Vegetarian
8. This tour picks up and drops off at all downtown Salt Lake City hotels.
1. Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park is the flagship of the National Park Service and a favorite to millions of visitors each year. The park is a major destination for all members of the family. By driving the grand loop road, visitors can view the park from the comfort of their vehicle and also take a rest at one of the many roadside picnic areas. For the active visitor, the park has thousands of miles of trails from dayhikes to backcountry explorations. The main attractions are all located on the grand loop road and you are very welcomed to visit the park.
2. Grand Teton National Park
Grand Teton National Park is one of the most spectacular, awe-inspiring places in America. Occupying a majority of the Jackson Hole valley, the park is home to overwhelming, massive mountains, pristine lakes and rivers, and abundant, teeming wildlife
Itinerary 1: Salt Lake City to West Yellowstone - 321 mi / 516.49 km - About 5.25 hours
The route to Yellowstone goes up Interstate 15, past the Great Salt Lake and the Wasatch Mountains, before entering Idaho. At Idaho Falls you will leave the freeway behind, and start making your way through rural parts of the state. About 10 miles (16 kilometres) from West Yellowstone you go over the Continental Divide and into Montana.
When we get to West Yellowstone we will stop to get your sack lunches, before making our way into the world's first national park, and possibly the most unique!
Itinerary 2: Yellowstone Lower Loop- About 5 hours
Attraction reference for today: Madison River to Madison Junction- Firehole River- Lower Geyser Basin- Fountain Paint Pots- Midway Geyser Basin - Upper Geyser Basin- Old Faithful
Itinerary 3: We will take you to Yellowstone Studios and Cabins, where you will be staying in a self catering studio. After checking in you can explore the town, take a walk through the forest into Yellowstone, go to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center (a must see) or check out a movie at the IMAX.
Itinerary 1: Yellowstone Upper Loop - About 8 hours, 15 minutes
Attraction reference for today: West Yellowstone- Madison Junction- Norris - Mammoth Hot Springs- Tower Roosevelt- Lamar Valley- Tower Falls to Grand Canyon - The Yellowstone River
Itinerary 2: We will take you to Yellowstone Studios and Cabins, where you will be staying in a self catering studio. After checking in you can explore the town, take a walk through the forest into Yellowstone, go to the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center (a must see) or check out a movie at the IMAX.
Itinerary 1: West Yellowstone to Grand Teton National Park - About 5 hours
Attraction reference for today: Yellowstone Lake- West Thumb- Colter Bay, Signal Mountain, Jenny Lake, Jackson Lake, Mount Moran- Jackson
Itinerary 2: Jackson to Salt Lake City - 304 mi / 489.14 km - About 5.5 hours
The route back to Salt Lake generally climbs up over Teton Pass, and into Idaho, meeting up with Interstate 15 again near Idaho Falls.
On some days, if there is time, we may take more picturesque, scenic back roads, through very rural Wyoming and Idaho, and return to Utah that way.
!!! You can stay overnight in Jackson! If you want, please let us know in advance!
You may like to spend more time in the Jackson Hole and Grand Teton area. The way that it works is that instead of continuing to Salt Lake City with the rest of the group, you can leave the tour in Jackson and spend a night there. We will put you on a shuttle back to Salt Lake City the next day. Please note that the shuttle makes several stops on the way, including one 45 minute layover. After you are dropped off in Jackson, the rest of the tour is unescorted. What this means is that you do not have a tour guide with you anymore.
Please be aware that Jackson is a very popular destination and that the town does sell out. In addition, there are times when the hotel prices may be higher than we have quoted. If this is the case, we will always ask you what you want to do first, before charging your card. The motel will be in the moderate category, and upgrades may be possible. You can order the extension in Jackson when you check out. The price of the extension includes the shuttle back to Salt Lake in the morning.
* The description of this itinerary is for reference only and is subject to the arrangement of the day.
1. Days operated: Daily from middle May- October, (if you want winter tour, please contact us)
2. Tour duration: 3 Days 2 Nights
a. Tour departure city: Salt Lake city(about 6:30am)
b. Drop off City : Salt Lake city(about 7:00pm)
c. This tour picks up and drops off at all downtown Salt Lake City hotels.
3. Minimum number requirement: Minimum 2 people in total for the tour.
4. Tour vehicle:
1) On first day and last day, shuttle bus is the vehicle used better Salt Lake city and Western Yellowstone
2) Tour vehicles are mini buses or executive vans, which are vans with individual, high back, reclining seats.
3) If you extend in Jackson, a larger vehicle may take you to Salt Lake.
5. Hotel/Room: Two nights’ accommodation are included at a self catering studio at Yellowstone Studios and Cabins in West Yellowstone. If lodging there is sold out, you will stay at a moderate category motel in West Yellowstone.
6. Food: Three sack lunches included, your option is Turkey/Beef/Ham/Vegetarian